- The Trilogy Stereotactic System is the first linear accelerator that can deliver all advanced forms of external-beam radiation therapy. By allowing doctors to choose the most appropriate treatment modality for treating cancer—whether in the body or the brain—Trilogy makes it possible to provide the most appropriate therapy for a specific patient’s case, rather than being limited by technology.
- With Trilogy, doctors have the option to treat small lesions using stereotactic radiosurgery, which is delivered in a single treatment; or stereotactic radiotherapy, which is delivered over a few days; as well as more traditional forms of radiotherapy.
- The Trilogy system includes technology for positioning the patient exactly, using images of the tumor and surrounding anatomy taken just prior to each treatment. The images are used to verify tumor position immediately before the radiation beam is switched on. This gives clinicians the ability to maximize the dose to the tumor, and minimize the dose to surrounding healthy tissue.
- The respiratory gating system automatically turns the beam off and on to compensate for breathing motion during treatment. This keeps the radiation beam focused on the tumor, and further protects normal healthy tissues.
- The Trilogy system and its accessories can shape a beam very precisely, with sub-millimeter accuracy. In addition to the precision of its beam, Trilogy offers the highest dose rates available, to deliver a potent punch of radiation in a short amount of time. This combination of precision and power allows Trilogy to reduce both treatment times and side effects.